Missing lenses

Recently I lost a pair of glasses. I own one pair that I wear most of the time. My wife picked out the frames and they reflect my personality as she sees it. They are black and bold and make some statement, although because I didn't pick them out I'm not sure what that is. Most people like them, which isn't a surprise as I have come to trust my wife's judgment on most things over the years, especially when it comes to what I wear.

Because of all of the cycling I do I wanted amore sporty pair of glasses that would change tint with the light. I have a love/hate relationship with these glasses because they are lightweight and comfortable and they protect my eyes from the sun. This is handy because I ride to the east when I go to the office and I return toward the west. Both directions are obviously into the sun. But sometimes I forget that they have transitioned to dark until I see a photograph of myself standing with friends or family and I'm the guy who looks like I forgot to take off a bad pair of sunglasses.

It was those transition lenses that went missing. I have a side pocket on the backpack that I wear when I commute and I always take my regular glasses out of the case and put the transition lenses inside. Then when it's time to come home I make the same switch, thus my glasses case is always with my backpack. So late last week when I went to switch my glasses and the case wasn't in my backpack I checked around my room and couldn't find it. So I figured that I had left it at my office. But yesterday when I got into the office the glasses case was nowhere to be found. I looked around a while more and still had absolutely no luck.

It seems like a silly thing but the brightness of the sun can really interfere with the enjoyment of a ride. Couple that with near triple digit temperatures and strong south winds and quickly my reenergizing fun time becomes a chore to get from point A to point B. So the last few days I have spent much more time looking at the ground in front of my tires than enjoying the ride. This morning, however, I did get a nice payoff because I decided to leave extra early and miss the bright morning sun. I got a really nice bonus surprise when I saw a beautiful red sun rising over the gorgeous mountains. It was quite the sight to behold.

Checking one more time at the office, I still came up empty and felt the cause hopeless. When I came home I told my children of my dilemma and my ten year old announced, "Oh, I know where they are." He walked straight to the sofa, lifted up the skirt and retrieved my glasses case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Tears?

Merry Christmas 2013

Flying Stars